Our steadfast visionary and founder, Tim’s pioneering approach to family wealth guides our philosophy: that wealth management works best when it’s tightly integrated with personal well-being and firmly grounded in lifelong, positive relationships. Since 1981 Tim has been helping individuals, families, businesses and institutions steward their financial hopes and dreams. He brings a wealth of experience from financial disciplines including investment management, fund construction, bond trading, financial planning, retirement planning/record-keeping, risk management (insurance) and more. Tim holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and management from the University of South Carolina, and is an enthusiastic public speaker, community benefactor, golfer and father.
- Presents to executives, medical professionals, civic groups, and others; lecturer for the Women’s Economics & Finance Series at The Cox School of Business at SMU in Dallas.
- Trustee to the USC Connie Baker Endowed Scholarship Fund in memory of his daughter.
- Past chairman of Piedmont Friends for Charity; advocate and sponsor of several hospice events and local charity golf tournaments.
- Member of a variety of corporate advisory boards.
- Father of three, Liz, Connie, and Nicholas (all alumni of USC).
- Enjoys golf (former captain of the USC golf team), running, college sports (past president of USC’s Triad area athletic and alumni chapters), writing, meditation, well-living and nutrition, yoga, domestic and international travel, reading and more.